1906 College Heights Blvd. 11080
(w) (270) 745-6856 (fax)
(270) 843-9028 (h) (270) 535-8445 (cell)
Office: 315 TCCW
Lab: 2108 Snell Hall
- Bioinformatics, Biotechnology, Virology
Bioinformatics, Genomics, Virology and the Function of Proteins
- Viral and microbial genome assembly projects
- Developing Bioinformatics Workflows and Pipelines for analysis of high throughput DNA and RNA sequencing as well as ChIP-chip, ChIP-Seq, and microarray data.
- Protein folding and misfolding
- Prediction of the conservation of protein structure and
function using amino acid properties.
Office Hours by appointment.
199 Introduction to Research
- Bio 275
Genome Discovery and Exploration Project
- Bio 312
- Bio 350 Intro to Recombinant Gene Technology
- Bio 450
Recombinant Gene Technology Laboratory
- Bio 495
- Bio 566
Advanced Molecular Genetics
- Ph.D, Department of Botany, University of Georgia, 1984.
- M.S., Department of Botany, Brigham Young University, 1980.
- B.S., Department of Microbiology, Brigham Young University, 1977.
- Ham Radio
- "Conserved Antagonism between JMJD2A/KDM4A and HP1gamma during Cell Cycle Progression", (2010) J.C. Black, A. Allen, C. Van Rechem, E. Forbes, M. Longworth, K Tschop, C. Rinehart, J. Quiton, R. Walsh, A. Smallwood, N.J. Dyson and J.R. Whetstine, Mol. Cell 40:736-48.
- "Improved automated monitoring and new analysis algotrithm for circadian phototaxis rhythms in Chlamydomonas", (2010) C. Gaskill, J, Forbes-Stovall, M. Young, W.B. Kessler, C.A. Rinehart, S.H. Jacobshagen, Plant Physiology and Biochemistry, 48:239-46.
- "At least four distict circadian regulatory mechanisms are required for all phases of rhythms in mRNA amount" (2008) S.H. Jacobshagen, W.B. Kessler, C.A. Rinehart, Journal of Biological Rhythms 23, 511-524.
- "Repression of the prolactin promoter, a functional consequence of
the heterodimerization between Pit-1 and Pit-1 beta" (2006) Romeo A.
Sporici, Jacob S. Hodskins, Dawn M. Locasto, Laura B. Meszaros, Amy L. Ferry,
Adam M. Weidner, Claire A. Rinehart*, Joshua C. Bailey, Ira M. Mains and Scott
E. Diamond, Journal of Molecular Endocrinology
- "Astrobiology as a tool for getting high school students interested
in science" (2000) BW Van der Meer, JJ Alletto, D Bryant, M Carini, L
Elliott, R Gelderman, W Mason, K McDaniel, CH McGruder III, C Rinehart, R
Tyler, L Walker, In Instruments, Methods, and Missions for Astrobiology III,
Richard B. Hoover, Editor, Proceedings of SPIE Vol. 4137, page 106-112 (2000).
- Crossover - Concepts and Applications in Genetics, Evolution and Breeding:
An Interactive Computer-Based Laboratory Manual. (1994) Staub, J.E., Braunschweig,
K., and Rinehart, C.A., The University of Wisconsin Press, Madison, WI.
- An Expert System Apporoach to Teaching Problem Solving in Biological Instrumentation.
(1993) Rinehart, C.A., Annals of the New York Academy of Science, vol. 701,
"Promoting Active Learning in the Life Science Classroom" Eds. H.I.
Nodell, J.A. Michael, New York Academy of Science, New York, NY.
- Microcomputer simulation of expected gains from 8 methods of intrapopulation
recurrent selection. (1989) Coors, J.G., Staub, J.E., Senalik, D., and Rinehart,
C.A., Agronomy Journal 81, 317-320.
- Sequence and organization of southern bean mosaic virus genomic RNA. (1987)
Wu, S., Rinehart, C.A., Kaesberg, P.K., Virology 161, 73-80.
- Immunological determination of phosphoenolpyruvate carboxylase, the large
and small subunits of ribulose-1,5-bisphosphate carboxylase in leaves of the
C4 plant pearl millet during greening of etiolated seedlings. (1985) Bassett,
C.L., Rinehart, C.A., and Rawson, J.R.Y., Plant Physiology 77: 828-832.
- Variability of reaction kinetics for ribulose-1,5-bisphosphate carboxylase
in a barley population. (1983) Rinehart, C.A., Tingey, S.V., and Andersen,
W.R., Plant Physiology 72: 76-79.
- Cloning and restriction endonuclease mapping of the ribosomal RNA genes
and short single copy DNA sequence of the chloroplast RNA of pearl millet.
(1981) Rawson, J.R.Y., Clegg, M.T., Thomas, K., Rinehart, C.A., Wood, B.,
Gene 16: 11-19.
- A method for obtaining the 14C-isotope distribution in malate (C-2,3). (1977)
Kent, S.S., Rinehart, C.A., and Andersen, W.R., Analytical Biochemistry 80:
or questions on the format of this page should be directed
Jan. 24, 2010